We Settle For Nothing Less Than Excellence
- Criminal Defense Law
Joseph Strickland has been practicing criminal defense law since 2010. Mr. Strickland has represented clients across Texas, and is licensed in the United States Federal Court for the Western District of Texas. Mr. Strickland is experienced defending clients with charges ranging from Drug Possession to Murder, and he has specialized in sealing clients’ arrest records through Petitions for Expunction and Non-disclosure.
Mr. Strickland was born in San Antonio, raised in New Braunfels, and has lived in the area throughout his life. Mr. Strickland received a bachelor’s degree in Business Management from the University of Texas at Austin. After receiving his undergraduate degree, he returned to San Antonio to attend the University of St. Mary’s School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctorate in 2010 and was licensed to practice law that same year.
While attending law school, Mr. Strickland worked as an intern at the Supreme Court of Texas as well as the Bexar County District Attorney’s Office. During his third year of law school, he was hired as a law clerk by local criminal defense law firm LaHood & Del Cueto where he was trained by experienced trial attorneys Nicholas “Nico” LaHood and Andrew del Cueto. Upon earning his law license, Mr. Strickland was hired by LaHood & Del Cueto as an associate attorney where he handled countless cases until late 2014. At that time Mr. Strickland was hired by Farmers Insurance to defend personal injury lawsuits.
When Ramos & Del Cueto formed in 2015, Mr. Strickland was proud to join the firm and continue to fight for the rights and freedom of those accused of crimes.
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- Juris Doctor - 2010
- University of Texas at Austin
- Major: Business Management
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Voted One of San Antonio’s Best Lawyers, 2011-2012
- SA Scene magazine named him among Best Lawyers, 2011
- Supreme Court of Texas, Intern
- Bexar County District Attorney’s Office, Intern
- LaHood & Del Cueto, Law Clerk
- LaHood & Del Cueto, Associate Attorney, 2014
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member